Monday, October 29, 2012

School Rules

I don't know about you, but rules seem to help all around when it comes to teaching.  I've been in the process of revamping our "school" time.  And in my revamp process, I decided it was time to have "school rules".  Since I'm able to have a school room, I thought it would be nice to distinguish "school time" from "home time".  So, I will have a schedule change too - which means schedule change for me too... not looking forward to be a morning person, but hey, I guess I have to learn to adapt too.  If I expect to little one to adapt, I might as well model what it looks like... just hopefully it doesn't look something like this:



Haha, yeah, that's how I feel on some mornings when I have to get up earlier than used to, as I'm the typical night owl.  But who knows some of my days might just look like that after the baby is born, but I'm praying this one is a WAY better sleeper than Jordan was as a baby.

So back to school rules...

I searched all over the internet and even asked teacher friends what their rules are for their classrooms.  Well, I don't have 20 kids in a class, but I found common themes, so I went searching through the Bible for verses to back up "rules" for our school time and here is what I came up with...

  1. Do everything to the Glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
  2. Watch your words. Colossians 4:16
  3. Do your best. Colossians 3:23
  4. Don't murmur or complain. Philippians 2:14
  5. Rely on God. Philippians 4:13


I have made a powerpoint slideshow and I have a PDF version available for printing.  I'm not sure which way we will use the rules yet, I'm kind of leaning towards the powerpoint slideshow to save wall space for other things.

If you would like a copy of the Class Rules, you can download them HERE.




Have fun and Be a blessing!
~Bekah


No comments:

Post a Comment