Friday, December 9, 2011

Follow that Star Week in Review


Our Posterboard is reviewed on a daily basis, we covered:
Letter S
Color "Yellow"
Shape "Star"
Number "3"
Story: 3 Wise Men (Matthew 2:1-12)
Verse: Matthew 2:9









Handwriting Practice and Letter S Tracing
He did really good with these and kept
asking for more papers!!! :)




Math Worksheets
Counting and Identifying the Right Number
Identifying the Item in a row that is Different


Complete the Pattern
Christmas Pack from Confessions of a Homeschooler



Spelling Activity
My little guy LOVES this! I pull out the
Scrabble pieces and he matches the letters
to the worksheet I made.


More Math! :)



Cutting Practice
My little buddy LOVES to use scissors
and he's getting better at doing it all
by himself! :)

He only did the arc, we'll get to the up and down motion soon.

I found this on Pinterest! Christmas Fine Motor Activity
Sort our the Christmas M&M's and then move them
to the correct circle spaces to make a wreath.

It took a few minutes to warm up to moving the M&M's
for most of them went in the mouth first! ;)

Then we got the hang of it!!!

Look, it's green!!! He said. 

And back to eating...

Almost done and quite a full belly by this time too.

All done - isn't it pretty?


Shadow matching from PreK Nativity Pack at OverTheBigMoon.blogspot.com
He wanted to match the shadows to the correct picture.

This is a cool book for toddlers that can't read yet.
It's prayers using rubics.

This is the Christmas prayer in the book.
I would read the words and little guy would tell me what the picture in the prayer is.
Then of course we had to end with singing "Away in a Manger".

Our theme this week was the 3 Wise Men, so we did the puzzle building
of the Wise Man from OverTheBigMoon Nativity Packet.

This was a great Pre-write Worksheet.
Harder than what my son is used to, but it really helped
him slow down and pay attention to staying "inside the lines".

He did really good for his first time with this type of prewrite activity.

Coloring Page I created.  He used markers and of course
almost everything had to be "purple" - his favorite color.

Calendar time!
He names the numbers and then tells me the next number (date for today).

He pulls out the next date card and hangs it.  Then we recount
the dates, recite today's full date (Thursday, December 8, 2011).

 Then we sing our 2 songs:
Days of the Week
Today Is...

I found this magnet page mid-week and couldn't resist!

I don't have bingo markers or do-a-dot markers, we use the
Crayola Tadoodle markers to make dots - works great!

He had fun saying "Ok, I'm done!" then I would try to
make dots and he'd stop me and finish some more, then
do it all over again... until it actually was done...

Finished result!

Muffin Tin Snack!

Kiwi, Apples, Puffs, Goldfish, Cheese

Playdough time!!!

And he found my cookie cutters...

And I bet you can't guess what he made....

Yes! A train!!! :)

Our "Yellow" Box of Goodies

He poured them all out, then put them back in the box
then poured them all back out again!



Then he found his yellow sunglasses and wanted me to take funny pictures:


What a FUN week!!! :)

____________________________________________________________________
Linked Up With:

For the Kids Friday ”I

6 comments:

  1. I am a new follower and just wanted to say hi! Looks like you do a ton of fun things with your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, I need to do more with my 4 yr old but he just has no intreats in holding a pencil or crayon for any reason no matter what I fo. I just got some do a dot stuff so maybe that will help peek his interest. Thanks for stopping by my blog I responded to your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun week.

    Veronica - http://watchmeplaynlearn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I love the M&M Christmas wreath - WAY fun!! We too love making words from scrabble pieces =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to again next week!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful ideas! Thanks for stopping by Clarion Wren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I looks like an awesome fun week! I found bingo markers at the Dollar Tree that I use with the do-a-dot pages, but it looks like your Crayola Tadoodle works great. I love the wreath with m & ms. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete