Monday, January 16, 2012

Lesson in Review: God's Child is Kind

Kindness week was SO much fun! And I love how all of us got to participate.


Here is our poster board for the week:
We worked on the following:
Letter - K
Color - Pink, meaning = flesh
Shape - Diamond
Number - 5, meaning = grace
Vocab - Kind, definition: helpful; nice to others; not rude
Story - Joseph Forgives His Brothers
Verse - Love is not rude. 1 Corinthians 13:5


We also worked on "K" vocab words, I put them in a little mailbox with a magnetic letter "K" and sang the following song:


I've got a letter, I've got a letter
What could it be? What could it be?
Let's look inside and find out
What letter do we have? What letter do we have?


At the end of the week, he taped the vocab words to our poster board.


We also worked on for the VERY first time, ladder building! I used our chalkboard the first day, but he resisted.  Soooooo... I printed out the letter "K" taped that to a train engine, then printed out the rest Ka, Ke, Ki, Ko, Ku and taped those to train cars - hooked them together and practiced! BIG HIT!!! Will keep that up for other letters - he LOVED it and started to learn to hear the phonics of each letter.


Here are pictures of our Letter K sort (capital vs. lower case):



Next, we worked on color mixing! We found out that if you mix red and white paint together it makes PINK!







Scrabble Tile Spelling of our Vocabulary Word:




Number Sequencing Activity! I blew up 5 balloons and labeled each balloon with a number (1-5).  I had his identify the numbers on the balloons, then we picked them up and put them in order... AND of course it turned into an ALL out balloon fight! :)





Number Recognition Activity! To see if my son could identify the number 5, I printed off a bunch of numbers, cut them out into squares, and then hid the numbers all over the house.  I had him go and seek out ALL the number 5's.  He did REALLY good!




We did a fun dramatic play activity - Hot Cocoa! I pulled out his mug, made a placemat out of construction paper, put out a plastic spoon, cotton balls, and a container of black construction paper cut into squares.  We played making hot cocoa over and over and he would serve it up for mom and then for dad, so cute!!!







Memory Verse Activities!
We did our usual Bible Hop, where I printed up hopping pads and taped them to our hardwood floor.  This time though I made it a rubics, so he could learn to read with the site word "is".  Then I printed up the hopping pad rubics into small cards to hide around the house, he sought them out, put them in order and then read them to me.






                                  
                                      

Another FUN activity, just to break up our week - I used painters tape in our school room and made a track space.  We played with trains and after 10 minutes, we would take turns asking to trade trains in a kind way.





Every day he worked on different worksheets and writing his name:



















He had so much fun, now he's always asking "can we do school again?" I love hearing that! Since he's liked it so much, I've talked with my boss and I will be changing my schedule as of next week, so I can spend MORE time at home - I'm so excited! God is AWESOME!!! :)

Blessings,
~Bekah



I am linked up at:





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am just hopping over from my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop to thank you for linking up this week! Wow you guys did a lot of fun stuff. I love the Scrabble spelling and the painter's tape road. You are doing a fantastic job! I hope to see you link you at next week's blog hop. I am your newest GFC Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manufacturers of Printed Balloons and Hand Gloves in India
    We are Manufacturer of balloons, printed balloons, printing on balloons, dark colour printing on the balloon and plastic gloves suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manufacturers of Printed Balloons and Hand Gloves in India
    We are Manufacturer of balloons, printed balloons, printing on balloons, dark colour printing on the balloon and plastic gloves suppliers

    ReplyDelete