Our dinner consisted of cube steak, red potatoes, salad, and fruit. Here is how they were made...
- In a bowl mix together flour, corn meal, salt, pepper, fresh parsley, onion powder, and garlic.
- Heat up a skillet with basil infused extra virgin olive oil and half a tablespoon of butter (unsalted).
- Dredge cube steak in the flour/spice mixture, shake off excess.
- Cook in the skillet about 3-5 minutes per side or until your meat is no longer bleeding.
- Wash up red potatoes.
- Cut up red potatoes about 1/4" thick into slices (leave skins on).
- Heat up skillet with EVOO (1-2 Tbsp.)
- Fry the red potatoes till lightly brown but still crispy on both sides (3 minutes). Add salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- In a small sauce pan, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, fresh chives, fresh cilantro, and juice of a lime.
- Heat the cream cheese mixture just until melted and combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over fried potatoes and serve.
Mixed Garden Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- Salad: artisan lettuce, romaine lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, sliced toasted almonds, croutons, cheese, avocado.
- Avocado Ranch Dressing:
1) Mash up half an avocado in a small bowl.
2) Add 1 cup mayonnaise, mix until combined.
3) Add 1 cup milk, stir until combined.
4) Add 1 packet of ranch seasoning - stir until combined.
5) Add chili powder (1/4 tsp), mix well.
6) Refrigerate until ready to use or use immediately.
Fruit: We served bananas. :)
Have Fun & Be A Blessing!