Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: Noah's Ark Lesson Pack

Noah's Ark Teacher's Companion

This set comes from Oriental Trading, I didn't purchase this as it was a gift to my family from a friend.  I am really impressed with these story boards though - they are very colorful and with a really young kid they can understand what is going on just by looking at the picture.  My son would interrupt while telling the story, to ask me questions about what was happening in the picture.... so, the first time I went through it with just the pictures and having him ask me questions and I answer them and then point key things out in the picture that were relevant to the story.  The next couple of times, I told a briefing of the story, then we reviewed the pictures again, and then I asked him the questions that were on the back of the story cards.  They have questions for younger children and older children, along with ideas/concepts to concentrate on.

I would definitely recommend this teacher's companion for a church setting for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten-first graders.  And a definite for homeschooling, if you want something that is inexpensive and helps with story telling with a visual. :)

This is the packet the story board and instructions come in.

There are 8 story cards in all.

This is the first story card (front side).

First story card (back side).
Includes questions for younger on the left side and questions for older on the right side.
The story briefing is in the middle section (upper) and keyword/concepts in the middle section (lower).


Blessings!
~Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment