As we set to begin Week 2 of Kindergarten, I'm going to share what we plan to do...
Discussions this week - Birthdays, Holidays, Big/Little, Size, When I Grow Up
Morning Work (Independent Time)
Prayer, Pledges, and Songs
Calendar and Weather
Undercover Heroes of the Bible for Ages 2&3
Hero of the week: Amos (Amos 7:14-15)
Bible Verse: "I will obey your word." Psalm 119:17
Crafts: Macaroni Sheep; Shepherd's Staff
Classifying by color, shape, and size - I have a variety of teaching trays I will use, will post pictures later.
Shapes - squares, rectangles, polygons, trapezoids, 2-Dimensional shapes - we have a shape journal to start!
Language Arts Time:
- Tale: The Enormous Turnip
- Sequencing using the print outs from HERE.
- Anchor chart from HERE.
- Rhyme: Pease Porridge Hot
- Now I'm Big Story
- All About Me Biographies 2 pages we will create (1) When I was little... (2) Now I'm big and I can...
- Mice Squeak, We Speak Book and Activities
- Wordless Books and Activities
- Rhyme Time - center activities, will post pictures later
- Vocabulary - BIG and LITTLE, SIZE - starting our journal this week!
- You Can Read Unit #3 from 1+1+1=1 (CLICK HERE)
- Letter Crafts J, K, L, M, N
- Writing Center Activities
- Begin our First Writing Journal this week!
- Crayons & Paint
- Crayon Rubbings
- "Me" Timeline
- Comparing what grows and doesn't
- Growing Capsules
- Five Senses: SIGHT
- Size Tray Game
- Five Senses Song HERE
- Sight Sense Book
Games & Activities:
- Discovery Walk and Exploration Journal
- Running Race
- Me Book and Add Ons
- Introduction to Texas
- State Symbols
- State Facts
- Fun Places to Visit - Virtual Field Trip
- US Capitals Song by Animaniacs (CLICK HERE)
- State Journal (Get HERE for free)
What are you doing this week?
Have Fun and Be a Blessing!