So here is a snap shot of our May 2012 Guideline, not 100% complete, but I add as I go along:
Letter: G g
Number: 5, means "grace"
Vocab Word: Grow
- Glue the correct number of petals to the numbered circle to make a flower.
- Glue the correct number of vegetables to the numbered plants to make a garden.
- Discuss parts of a plant
- Observe the homeschool garden and journal discoveries
- Color changing flower to talk about how flowers absorb water "drink"
Theme: Outer Space
Letter: S s
Vocab Word: Space
Loads of ideas on my Space Theme Pinterest Board for math, reading, science, and worksheets.
- Space Mobile
- Space Painting - found little craft project at Hobby Lobby
Letter: Z z
Vocab Word: Mammal
I have a Zoo Scavenger Hunt planned... will be coming up with more activities later.
Review and Assessment
This month's lesson plans will be based off the curriculum from Preschool Palace.
At 44 months of age (3 years, 8 months), Jordan can do the following:
- Knows his street address
- Knows his phone number
- Knows his birthdate
- Knows how to spell his first name
- Can tell you his age and show it by fingers
- Recognizes all letters of the alphabet (upper/lower)
- Recognizes his name when written
- Recognizes basic shapes
- Recognizes basic colors
- Can wash his hands
- Can sweep & mop the floors
- Can wash the dishes
- Can load/unload the dishes from the dishwasher
- Can put on pants by himself
- Can put dirty clothes in the laundry bag
- Can wipe up messes
- Can brush his teeth
- Can dust the furniture
- Can clean the windows
- Helps with cooking & baking
- Is potty trained (day time)
- Can throw a ball
- Can jump on two feet
- Can jump off of a stair
- Can hold scissors correctly
- Can transfer items using tweezers
- Can walk a straight line by placing one foot in front of the other
- Knows how to say "excuse me" before interrupting
- Knows to say "thank you" when given something
- When asking for something uses the word "please"
- Can feed fish and dog
Things Jordan is working on:
- When saying "excuse me" waiting to be acknowledged before interrupting
- When asked to do something say "Yes Mom/Dad" and obey without whining or repeating the request
- Cutting a straight line
- Kicking a moving ball
- Catching a ball
- Skipping by alternating feet
- Marching and tapping knees with opposite hand
- Writing Name
- Phonemic Awareness
- Rhyming Words
- Drinking from a cup (without a straw)
- Putting on shirt by himself
- Putting on socks by himself
- Tying shoes by himself
- Brushing hair
- Walking the dog and not letting go of leash
What are your plans for this month???
Have Fun and Be a Blessing!