Friday, October 18, 2013

The Winds are Changing

Silence is golden they say, but my silence on this blog has been due to changes.  Ever gotten a curriculum thinking, "yes! this will save me time and energy" only to find out it does the opposite?! That is the problem we have run into.  The program we have signed up with is very inflexible, which is not good when I have a baby in the house too.  And the curriculum, unfortunately, is not challenging enough for my bright beaming star of a learner, so I am in a position of "what to do" now.  I have contacted the teacher we work with and she is a sweetheart and is trying to work with us, so I guess we will see what happens.

Right now I'm just praying for direction.  I've never worked with a "curriculum", so this was all new for all of us.  I think I'm realizing that our homeschooling is best just taught by interest.  It is so hard to take "classroom setting" into homeschool.  I just got to see that first hand.  And it made me realize just how much that "love" for learning my son has began to disappear... makes me wonder if that would happen if I actually put him in school?! Yikes!

This blog will remain silent until our new direction is provided by God.  Until then, my 5 year old and my almost 9 month old are just going to enjoy life, art, music, and books!!! :)

Have Fun and Be a Blessing!
~Bekah

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I pray that you will find something that fits for your son. I know that I've been researching all different things and I'm praying about each thing if it is the right curriculum and so far I've been extremely happy with what I have chosen.

    ReplyDelete